We are truly thrilled that the PWMA Wealth Management Summit 2019 attracted a record number of over 900 attendees. Held on 8 October 2019 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre, under the theme of “Shaping the Future,” the Summit covered a range of topics critical to the future of private wealth management, from the rise of family offices to digital transformation and the new world of virtual banking.
We were also very excited to present findings from a survey in the newly released PWMA-KPMG Private Wealth Management Report 2019. And it was great that regional heads from some of the top private wealth management businesses in Asia Pacific could join us to share their thoughts on the findings and the future evolution of the industry.
The PWMA was especially honoured to have Hong Kong’s Financial Secretary The Hon. Mr. Paul Chan Mo-po deliver the opening keynote speech, in which he reiterated the government’s commitment to further develop Hong Kong as a leading global hub for private wealth management. We were fortunate as well to have senior speakers from the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (Deputy Chief Executive Arthur Yuen and Executive Director for External Darryl Chan), the Securities and Futures Commission (Deputy Chief Executive Officer Julia Leung Fung Yee) and the Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau (Under Secretary Joseph H.L. Chan) grace the event with their presence. Our sincere gratitude goes out to our sponsors (Appway, fundinfo, FWD Insurance, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Hubbis, KPMG China, Laserfiche, Merian Global Investors, Refinitiv, T. Rowe Price, UBS Asset Management and Wealth Dynamix) for their valuable support.
Selected video clips:
CEO Panel Discussion: Shaping The Future
- Steven Lo, Region Head, Asia Pacific, Citi Private Bank
- Dr. François Monnet, Managing Director, Head of Private Banking North Asia, Chief Executive Hong Kong Branch, Credit Suisse
- Bahren Shaari, Chief Executive Officer, Bank of Singapore
- Moderator: Patrick Donaldson, Head of Market Development, Wealth Management – Asia Pacific & Japan, Refinitiv
Panel Discussion – Building the Virtual Business Model
- Professor KC Chan, GBS, JP, Chairman and Senior Advisor, WeLab virtual bank
- Rockson Hsu, CEO, ZA Bank
- Fred Ngan, Co-Founder & Co-CEO, Bowtie Life Insurance Company Limited
- Moderator: Dr. Toa Charm, Chairman, OpenCertHub, and Associate Professor, CUHK Business School