PWMA’s Wealth Management Week, our first ever virtual summit, took place from 9-13 November 2020. This 5-day virtual event included a number of thought-provoking presentations and discussions addressing highly topical issues affecting the PWM industry and attracted over 1,300 registrants.
The Association was honoured to have Hong Kong’s Financial Secretary, The Hon. Mr. Paul Chan Mo-po, deliver the keynote speech. We were also fortunate to have Mr. Arthur Yuen, Deputy Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and Ms. Julia Leung, Deputy CEO of the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC), participating in an interactive discussion on regulatory priorities.
The longer-term legacy of Covid-19, digitalization, China strategy and growth opportunities: these topics and more kept our private wealth management CEO Panel lively and provocative. Another panel examined the rising importance of family offices and what Hong Kong can do to further distinguish itself as a family office hub.
Other topics covered included the rise of External Asset Managers in the private wealth management sector to ESG and enhancing the customer experience through digital technology. We covered trends and new offerings in WealthTech, RegTech and the digital asset space. And we closed out our week with a fascinating talk from Dr. Andy Xie, the Shanghai-based independent economist who never fails to offer valuable insights into the geopolitical landscape. Our sincere gratitude goes out to all our outstanding great speakers and to our sponsors (Equities First Holdings, Q9 Capital, FEfundinfo, PwC, CREALOGiX and Linklaters) and supporting organizations.
Highlights of the Virtual PWMA Wealth Management Week
Keynote speech of the Financial Secretary of the Hong Kong SAR, the Honourable Paul Chan Mo-po
CEO Panel: Reshaping the Private Banks Strategic Agenda
- Nicolas Aguzin, Chief Executive Officer, J.P. Morgan’s International Private Bank
- Jimmy Kong Eng Lee, Member of the Executive Board, Head Asia Pacific, Julius Baer
- Amy Lo, Chairman, Executive Committee, Private Wealth Management Association, Head and Chief Executive, UBS Hong Kong Branch, Co-Head Wealth Management Asia Pacific, UBS Global Wealth Management, Group Managing Director, UBS
- Lok Yim, Managing Director, Head of International Private Bank (IPB) – Asia-Pacific, Deutsche Bank, Chief Executive Officer, Deutsche Bank AG, Hong Kong Branch
Sebastian Enberg, Editor, Asian Private Banker
How could Private Banks and Hong Kong Cater to the Evolving Needs of Family Offices?
- Fan Choi, Head of Wealth Planning, North Asia, Union Bancaire Privée
- David Fong, BBS, JP, Managing Director, Hip Shing Hong (Holdings) Co Ltd.
- Kenneth Hui, Head (Market Development), Hong Kong Monetary Authority
John CW Wong, Partner, China Family Business and Private Client Services Leader, PwC Hong Kong
Fireside Chat: Regulatory Priorities
- Julia Leung, SBS, Deputy Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Intermediaries, Securities and Futures Commission
- Arthur Yuen, JP, Deputy Chief Executive, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
Peter Stein, Managing Director, Private Wealth Management Association