PWMA hosted its inaugural Wealth Management Summit at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre on 7th September 2016. The summit successfully achieved its primary objective of providing a forum for our members and practitioners to connect and discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the industry. The feedback from the 700 participants, which included representatives of banks, financial institutions and regulatory bodies, was altogether positive. All of the topics covered, from tapping into demand for wealth management services in mainland China, to what the private banker of tomorrow might look like, to the future role technology in the industry, were well received.
A particular highlight was the participation of the representatives from the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. PWMA’s ability to work closely with the regulators will be crucially important not only for the development of the industry but for the successful establishment of Hong Kong as a wealth management hub in Asia Pacific. The presence of the Financial Secretary at the Summit was a testament to the credibility built by the PWMA since its launch in 2013.
Programme of WM Summit 2016
|Opening Remarks by the Chairman of PWMA
Amy Lo, Chairperson, Executive Committee, Private Wealth Management Association, Chief Executive, Hong Kong Branch, and Head, Wealth Management Greater China, UBS AG
|Inaugural Speech by Keynote Speaker
John C Tsang, Financial Secretary, The Government of the HKSAR
|Session 1 – The China Equation: Strategies for Tapping in to the Surging Demand for Wealth Management Services on the Mainland Moderator : John CW Wong, Partner, Tax, China & Hong Kong Leader, Private Client Services, PricewaterhouseCoopers Ltd.
– Enoch Fung, Head of Market Development (External), Hong Kong Monetary Authority
– Kevin Huang, Head of Global Private Banking Department, Private Banking Department, China Merchants Bank Headquarters
– Anthony Neoh, SC and Member of the International Advisory Committee, China Securities Regulatory Commission
|Session 2 – Meet the Private Banker of Tomorrow: Recipe for Future Career Success in the Wealth Management Industry
Moderator for Client View: Simon Ng, Managing Director, Private Banking, North Asia, Wealth Solution, Asia, Bank of Montreal Speakers for Client View:- Samantha Bradley, Director, Legal & Trust Management, Sir Elly Kadoorie & Sons Limited
– Adrian Fu, Chief Executive, KHI Holdings Group Moderator for Youth View: Lok Yim, Head of Wealth Management, North Asia, Deutsche Bank Wealth Management, Hong Kong Speakers for Youth View: – Drew Camarda, Executive Director, Private Wealth Management, Goldman Sachs Asia LLC – Hilda Chan, Relationship Manager, Deutsche Bank Wealth Management- Jamee Wong, Executive Director, UBS AG
|Session 3 – Evolution or Revolution: Early-Stage FinTech Technologies and the Role They Might Play in Supporting or Replacing Wealth Managers (Video)
James Quinnild, Partner – Financial Services Consulting – Asia Pacific Leader, PwC China Consulting
|Session 4 – Dialogue with the Regulator: Policy View on Regulations Shaping the Future of the WM Industry– Arthur Yuen, Deputy Chief Executive, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
– Stewart McGlynn, Head, Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime Risk, Enforcement and AML Department, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
– Wendy Tsang, Vice Chairperson, Executive Committee, Private Wealth Management Association, and Managing Director, Head of Private Banking,
Bank of China (Hong Kong) Private Banking
– Steven Lo, Member of Executive Committee, Managing Director, Global Market Manager, Hong Kong Citi Private bank
For more information about the 2016 Wealth Management Summit: